As you may know, the Vegas dining scene is unlike any other. In our 4 mile long strip, we have 100s of restaurants to choose from! What you may not know is there are also some award winning local faves OFF the strip that shouldn’t be missed when visiting Vegas. Here is our short list of our favorite Vegas restaurants, based on repeat visits & local recommendations. We will constantly update this list as new restaurants pop up & become a local fave. All spots on this list have been open at least a year and come highly recommended. Feel free to share your own suggested favorites in the comments!
Local Faves off the Strip
- Cafe Chloe: Cafe Chloe’s Chef Piero is made famous by his Italian cuisine. You know it’s good if the one and only Frank Sinatra was a regular. Chef Piero is known for his authentic Italian cuisine that has fed & still feeds many famous icons. You won’t want to leave Vegas without hitting up this local gem. (Photo Credit: http://lasvegasweekly.com)
2. Nittaya’s Secret Kitchen: If you don’t know, now you know. One of the best Thai places in Vegas is tucked up in Summerlin. Don’t leave without ordering the Famous Fried Spinach Salad, Avocado Salmon Curry & the Coconut Soup!
(Photo Credit: http://nittayassecretkitchen.com)
3. Nora’s Italian: Nora’s Italian has been a Vegas staple since 1992. Their Veal Parm is hands down one of the best in the city and a cannot miss. Check out their brand new location on West Flamingo to see what the hype is all about!(Photo Credit: http://facebook.com/noraslv)
4. The Barrymore: One of our fave spots for happy hour & to grab a delicious meal is hidden inside The Royal Resort. The Barrymore is frequented by locals & savvy tourists! Don’t leave without ordering the Lobster Mac & Cheese! (Photo Credit: @barrymorelv)
6. Other Mama: A fairly new spot that has quickly become a local favorite. Their bar menu is amazing & this is where you will find some of the freshest seafood & oysters in Vegas. The restaurant only seats 45, so make sure you get your reservation in!
(Photo Credit: http://othermamalv.com)
On the Strip
- Momofuku: This NYC hotspot is finally on the West Coast! Las Vegas is lucky enough to have the first West Coast location, inside the Cosmopolitan. You won’t find better noods & steamed buns in Vegas. Our faves: Shiitake buns & Chickpea Ramen.(Photo Credit: @momofukulv
2. Mon Ami Gabi: One of our fave places to sit & people watch as you enjoy your lunch or dinner. Located at the Paris Hotel, this French Restaurant has some of the best food & views in Vegas. Our faves: The Escargot, Steak Sandwich & of course Pomme Frites! (Photo Credit: @picturesque_variety
3. Secret Pizza at Cosmo: Knowing about this spot will make you one of the “cool kids.” Located on the third floor of the Cosmopolitan, this unmarked hallway will lead you to the best place that serves pizza by the slice, and it is DELISH! You can also get a whole pie and indulge until 5:00 AM! (Photo Credit: @tablefortwoblog)
4. CUT: They’ve mastered the culinary experience with impeccable service and unbelievably delicious dishes. Their bone marrow is to die for and if you like a mix of classic rock while indulging in your dining experience, CUT is the place to be. (Photo Credit: http://venetian.com)
Go for the View
- Tea Lounge at Mandarin Oriental: Tea Time done the right way! We love the Tea Lounge at Mandarin Oriental and all of their gourmet offerings. Our faves include the Organic Lychee Green Tea and Chef Philippe’s Assorted Tea Pastries.
- Olives Bellagio on the patio: This Michael Mina restaurant has a delicious menu, but what really makes this restaurant “list-worthy” is the view from their patio. You will want to get there early though, the patio is first come first serve seating and as you can guess, it is always packed.
If you want to “ball out”
- E by Jose Andres: You can only get into this restaurant if you have a golden ticket! How do you get one? You have to make reservations months in advance! Once you get in, you will have access to a private room inside Jaleo at the Cosmopolitan for a 15 course tasting menu. Only 2 reservations are available nightly & this meal will cost you anywhere from $150-400 but worth it! (Photo Credit: @cosmopolitan_lv)
2. Costa Di Mare: Known for its beautiful Koi Pond views and unbelievably fresh seafood, Costa Di Mare has personified the gourmet culinary experience. Choose from a cart of fresh mediterranean seafood flown in daily prepared by one of Vegas’ most respected and talented chefs, Mark LoRusso.
3. SW Steakhouse: Looking for a sight to see plus a delicious bite? SW has you covered! Experience the admirable water show while indulging in “grilled-to-perfection” steak! SW steakhouse also offers some of the best Vegan food in Las Vegas.(Photo Credit: http://wynnlasvegas.com)
4. Sage: Home of one of the best tasting menus in Las Vegas, Sage will never disappoint. Check out their new late night lounge featuring live music and indulge-worthy specialty cocktails.(Photo Credit: http://mgmresorts.com)
5. Estiatorio Milos: Did someone say Lobster Pasta?! We sure did and it is the absolute best in Vegas. Estiatorio Milos is known for their special lunch tasting menu offering this bad boy and many of their other specialties at an amazing prix fixe price. (Photo Credit: http://cosmopolitanlasvegas.com)
Go for a delicious brunch
- Bouchon: If you are looking for a traditional french bistro with fantastic service and parisian flare don’t miss Thomas Keller’s Las Vegas Bouchon location at the Venetian. They’ve got one serious pastry basket you can definitely afford to take a cheat day for.(Photo Credit: http://weddingwire.com)
2. Craft Kitchen: This Henderson gem stole our hearts months ago. Everything on the menu is hand crafted with love, even their gluten-free menu items are to die for! Their team is so passionate and it definitely shines through in each of their dishes.
3. Country Club at the Wynn: Steve Wynn knows his hotels and his restaurants and he has broken the mold with the Country Club. Open for lunch dinner and a special Jazz Brunch on Sundays. Reopening August 15th. (Photo Credit: http://wynnlasvegas.com)
4. Bardot Brasserie: For the quintessential french experience, head over to Bardot Brasserie at Aria. Gorgeous florals, buckets of champagne, and a chic crowd can be found here every weekend during brunch. Our faves: Hunter’s Waffle and any of the Croissant Benedicts.(Photo Credit: http://multivu.com)
5. Andiron: It’s where the locals go! Weekend brunch is definitely a spot for the who’s who of Vegas. Bloody Mary Bar, live DJ, bottomless Moet Chandon and more! Located in Downtown Summerlin.